Internal Workshop on Control, Estimation, Learning and Optimization
Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 9:00
- Friday, August 07, 2020, 16:00
- Tuesday / Wednesday: Caritas-Tagungszentrum, Room 400 - mapsLink
- 4 flip charts available
- Coffee / drinks / cups provided
- Thursday / Friday: Georges-Koehler-Allee 078, SR 00-014 (Faculty of engineering) - mapsLink
- Black board available (mobile)
- We also might be somewhere outdoor on the campus, but the seminar room will be the central infrastructure
- Bring your own cup (if you're able to)
- Not provided / centrally organized
- Bring your own lunch or obtain from nearby businesses
- We'll meet in a park or on campus or similar for eating
- Exception: Thursday (cf info on social activity)
- Tuesday afternoon: Disc golf in Dietenbachpark - http://www.headsupfreiburg.de/index.php/kurse/dietenbachpark
- Meeting point: Start of the disc golf course, mapsLink
- Principle of golf, but instead of golf club+ball, you try to hit a target with a Frisbee
- We will provide Frisbees
- You may alternatively bring your own favourite throwing object (it should not be too hard as not to endanger others, or damage the goals)
- There's a small lake nearby in which you could go for a swim afterwards
- Thursday afternoon: Hiking
- Meeting point: 13:30 at Greiffenegg beer garden (above Schwabentor)
- You can use the break after the talks for transport and a quick snack
- We will hike to St. Ottilien and have a late lunch (dunch? linner?) there (approx. 3pm)
- Afterwards hiking back to the Schwabentor (until approx. 5 to 6pm)
- Find hand outs of non-beamer based talks and slides in this cloud folder.
- If you do a non-beamer based talk, you can accompany it with a handout that has e.g. plots and complex formulas
- Orientation: 2 pages DIN A4 (i.e., one sheet of paper with two sides)
- If you upload your handout until Monday 2pm, the organizers will take care of printing it.
- Please upload your handouts or slides to this folder before your talk
- For uploading please use this link.
- Naming convention example: aug06_FlorianMesserer.pdf
- If there's a problem with making the content publicly accessible, please contact Florian Messerer.
- The folder is upload only. If you need to delete something, please contact the above email address.
- Please wear masks when entering buildings and walking to your site, and whenever it is not possible to keep a distance of 1.5m
- Please try to keep a distance of 1.5m to each other at all times
- Please keep your seat for the full day (or retreat)
- If you experience any corona related symptoms (e.g. loss of taste or smell, fever, coughing, sore throat) we have to ask you to not attend in person. You can attend remotely instead. The same holds if you had contact to an infected person during the last 14 days.