The aim of this interactive workshop is to bring together experts in the field of robust optimization. Topics of interest are convex and non-convex robust optimization theory and algorithms, uncertainty analysis for dynamic systems, as well as applications in robust process control. The workshop will consist of invited and contributed talks discussing reviews and personal opinions as well as new research results in the field of robust optimization and control.
- 09:00 Registration
- 09:30 Introduction (Boris Houska)
- 09:40 Generalized Gauss Inequalities (Paul Goulart, ETH) See Slides
- 10:30 Discussion
- 10:40 Break
- 11:10 Performance Bounds and Robust Control for Constrained Systems (Bart Van Parys, ETH) See Slides
- 11:30 Discussion
- 11:40 Two-Stage Robust Integer Programming (Daniel Kuhn, EPFL) See Slides
- 12:30 Discussion
- 12:40 Lunch break (Reservations have been made at Gästehaus Am Stadtgarten, Karlstraße 12)
- 14:00 Data-driven Distributionally Robust Optimization Using the Wasserstein Metric: Performance Guarantee and Tractable Reformulations (Peyman Mohajerin Esfahani, ETH)
- 14:20 Discussion
- 14:30 Guaranteed Parameter Estimation (Mario E. Villanueva, Imperial College)
- 14:50 Discussion
- 15:00 Set-Valued Integrators and Their Application in Robust Optimal Control (Boris Houska, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.)
- 15:20 Discussion
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 Wrap up panel discussion
- 16:30 End
Participation is free of charge. To register, please send an email to Savannah Cook (email@example.com) before Aug 19 at 12:00.
The workshop is organized by Boris Houska, Moritz Diehl, Savannah Cook, and Christine Paasch. Support by the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is gratefully acknowledged.